Monday, March 24, 2008

Cowboy Comes Clean

I feel a little humbled right now. After my long diatribe Cowboy had this to say.


"Hey eaglewood,


I don't have time to discuss this the way it needs to be discussed right now.  But before this gets out of hand, I need to make a clarification and an apology.  Re-reading my words in your post made it glaringly obvious that I was extremely clumsy in making my point.  I did not really mean to say that Yeshua was not God when he was on the earth.  What I meant to say was that he never LIVED as God.  He willingly gave that up when he came to earth and lived here as a perfect man.


It's a subtle difference, but an important one.  I apologize for being so reckless and clumsy with my keyboard.


That said, the reason I made the point in the first place is because religion teaches you that "Jesus is God and we're mere mortals."  That's a lie.  Yeshua lived his life on earth as an example to us of how we are to live.  I am by no means claiming I'm there - I'm far from it.  But it is my intention and goal to be, in every way, exactly like Yeshua Moshiach.  Here.  In this life.  On the earth.  Nothing he did is out of our reach.  Nothing he was is beyond us.  BECAUSE he redeemed us and restored us to the very same status he had when he walked the earth.


That's why he said he is the head but we are his body and why he prayed to the Father that He would make us one with Yeshua even as Yeshua and Abba are one.


I noticed you didn't address my points about thinking it not robbery to be equal with God and "as he is, so are we in the earth."


BTW, I'm sure I've said this before, but I just want to say again for emphasis:  I love you, brother.  This isn't a fight to me.  It's iron sharpening iron."


I will get back to his questions. I just thought it important to get this up as I had all but accused him of heresy in the last post.

2 comments:

McQ said...

Hi Eaglewood, I followed you over from the goblin chat.

I read the post at the top and I just finished catching up on the back and forth with Cowboy. This point is one that seperates Christianity from Aberrant theologies. Christians believe Jesus Christ to be God, while other theologies will teach he was only a man, prophet, or even an angel.

Doorman-Priest said...

Why can't everyone in the blogosphere conduct themselves which such grace and integrity?
You guys will be fine.