Heidi wrote an excelent post on being in this world but not of it. I was quite disapointed when nobody commented on it other than myself. I am going to post my reply in hopes that it will generate some discussion here.
I think that the question is deep and many layered. I think the most important is where we bring the fight, so to speak. Do we get involved in our governments such as Joseph, and Daniel, or do we remember that these men were put there because they were faithful in the small things. Each one of these men rose to the second highest position in their governments because Jehovah saw that they were faithful to Him and rewarded them accordingly, and most importantly because it was part of His overall plan.
So where does that leave us? What if you believe that the decline of our nation is ultimately part of His plan? I think the answer is there in the scriptures. Be faithful to what Jehovah has called you to do. I know that it sounds simplistic, but often truth is simple. If we are faithful then we can expect that great things will happen. Our churches have lost sight of this simple principal. We have become believers looking for the quick fix to our own little problem. Looking to shake the great piggy bank in the sky and get our “due”. After all we are children of the Lord. Solomon looked for wisdom and Jehovah greatly blessed him. I think that it is high time that we abandon pursuit of the trivial and start looking for ways we can be faithful to what each of us are called to do. The it will not matter what our nation is like, because at that point we will be used for His glory in spite of what level of corruption we have in our nation or where it is headed.
4 comments:
Eagle,
I brought it back up again, maybe this time we'll get some takers? It's interesting how dead this subject is right now when the political and social climate is so FREAKY!
My keyboard is messing up so I know the above has typos
I blogged about this the other day, but I am now more convinced than ever, political activism by numrous Christians is NOT bettering this nation. If we would put our money where our LOVE is, then we woud be ministering to those within the reach of our individual communities of faith. Bringing a new believers home up to code is much more important than giving to politial figures. Feeding the orphans and widows in our churches is much more important than political camaigns. Ministering to the truly needy is uch more iportant than trying to change this country.
I love my country, but my life and eternity goes another direction that this country is going right now. God's love is demontrated not talked about. How d we show God's love to a lst and dying world? We make houses homes and we care for those within our community of faith who are truly needy.
Instead of builing new buildings for us to worship at mybe we should be feding thse within the body who are truly needy.
Um, dude... Wow.
Eagle? Do you even know this guy?
Mr. Webb, not to rain on your parade, but seriously? You pretty much just came out swinging in someone else's living room.
First, I completely agree with the responsibility we have as "church corporate" to be a part of the workings of our respective governments when given the opportunity and freedom.
But after that you kinda lost me... G-d's gifts and callings are without repentance and since I don't hear Eagle calling sinners to live righteously I would say his calling is being pointed at the Body Corporate. Is he espousing false doctrine? I haven't seen it. And I've been reading and watching for almost three years.
And what we call churches today? Please. One man up front dictating to the rest via some perceived elevated status of spiritual authority? Tiny popes in suits. That is not sanctioned by G-d. And there are folks who are called to expose the lies, hypocrisy and false doctrine they see. It's called accountability and we are all accountable to each other. Even if we haven't shaken hands.
But, Mr. Webb, where you really lost me and I actually dissolved into giggles was when you insisted that Eagle and his family not only become part of a bible-believing church... How do you know they aren't spending some time in the wilderness? It's not without precedent. Even in Scripture. And then you demanded that they get join with this fictitious entity and involve themselves in the "theology, doctrine and history".
Well, it seems to me there is one theology and doctrine... "Christ and Him crucified, One G-d and salvation" and one history. It starts in the Book of Acts and continues through today. Aren’t we all sorta “involved” by means of being part of the same Body? Y’know, of Christ?
Unless of course you are espousing that only the western mode of assembly is valid? In which case you have bigger fish to fry.
Post a Comment