But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint. Isaiah 40:31
Sunday, August 10, 2008
Changing the Rules
Because I believe in open and free discourse I have had an extremely liberal commenting policy. My only requirements were that you keep the language clean and that you were respectful. The anonymous commenter on my site has crossed one of those boundaries. I will address his comment in due time but I am being forced to change my policy on commenting. First, all commenters must have a name. It does not have to be your name, I also use a pseudonym for my writing. I do this for internet security reasons. Those who know me also know my real name, but it takes a certain level of trust to get to that point. Second, a valid e-mail address will be required to comment. E-mail addresses are not published, but they allow me to respond to a commenter privately. Third, all comments from authors that have not been approved previously will be held in moderation until I have the oprotunity to review them. I realize this will cause some initial hardship on those who comment here regularly but I refuse to publish disrespectful comments.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I think it's an understandable and sensible policy.
Post a Comment