Friday, June 19, 2009

No Bones Here

I have given this a lot of thought and prayer after Luke asked me to throw him a bone.  The fact is that Christianity (following Yeshua) is an exclusive faith.  As appealing as it sounds to make it somewhat universal, by essentially saying there are layers of salvation based upon how you lived your life, it just does not line up with the things the Yeshua said.  Leaving Paul out of this, who from what I have read, simply expounds upon Yeshua's words, Yeshua, Himself in plain words, said our salvation is based upon Him and our faith in Him.  There is no in-between.  Sin and death are the problems. By dying (complete separation from the Father) in our place He paid the price for our sin demanded by Jehovah.  This in of itself was enough to satisfy His wrath, but Yeshua did not stop there He then conquered death when He resurrected Himself.  There is no amount a right living that we can do that can obliterate the sin in our lives. Even the smallest of sins would make us imperfect and unable to stand in His Holiness.  It is not that He intends to destroy us it is just that imperfection will simply not stand up to the complete perfection that is Jehovah.

The fact is that false beliefs of people like Mr. Nelson are extremely appealing to those who have loved ones outside of the faith.  It gives them a sense of comfort that just maybe their loved ones will not be completely separated from them.  But this is a false comfort, and is extremely dangerous.  It is dangerous because it gives us a sense of saying that I need not worry about Mom or Dad or (insert person here) as long as they live a relatively “good” life.  They may not be in Yeshua’s inner circle so to speak, but at least they are not spending eternity in the lake of fire.  The thing is he is deadly, eternally wrong.  His writings will ease the conscience of those whom just CAN”T give their allegiance to Yeshua, and in not doing so will spend eternity living with the consequences of that choice.

I believe I have shown that Mr. Nelson’s teachings are wrong using the Words of Yeshua and simple logic, and it would behoove you to actually sit down and read the Word without commentary from anyone other than the Holy Spirit.  It is amazing what you learn when you trust the true Author of the scriptures rather than listening to men try to interpret it’s meaning.  As I have said before I do not believe I hold some kind of authority on what the Word says, but I am a student and I try to listen to the Author. If you look through the scriptures you will see a thread of faith being the focus of salvation, not works. Basic logic would tell you this.  Abraham, Noah, Enoch, Melchizedek, and Joseph to name a few were men of faith before the Law was codified.  How then were they subject to the Law that was not yet written? The Word even mentions that Abraham’s faith was counted as righteousness. Even after the Law was written a thread of faith was involved.  The sacrifices were made, but it was faith that made the sacrifices real and faith in the future Messiah that was ultimately the real source of salvation.  Throughout history those who have sought out Jehovah have found Him.  As I have said before and the Word backs me up if you seek Him you WILL find Him.  All that keeps either your loved ones or my loved ones from Him is their own pride and willful rejection of His truth and offer of salvation. 


1 comment:

Jimmie W Kersh said...

A true expositors answer. Eaglewood no longer disciple, He teacher.