As some can tell it has been a while since I last updated. I have been struggling with a number of things lately. Not the least of which is my ministry and where it needs to go. I also have grown tired of the look of my blog so I have found a template that looks more sophisticated and updated the look, but that is superficial. What I need is a fresh outlook and that is what I am striving for.
The setback to the ministry hit me hard to say the least. I have asked myself this question so many times that it pains me just to hear myself ask it again. How does a person called as a prophet get something as basic as whom to help with your ministry so wrong? If I was so wrong on that point where else am I wrong in the ministry vision? I think the second question that has had me reeling to some extent. Loosing a second child was a traumatic event as well.
My friends please pray. I know I am called beyond a shadow of a doubt, but my faith is shaken in my ability to understand His vision for my work. I know with your prayers and the help of my loving family I WILL work through this.
5 comments:
I'm praying for you, my friend.
I have also tried to help some... perhaps I should be more explicit.
You need to go to the trouble if you want to help. Typical Christian charity gives to those that are "worthy" in the eyes of the most munificent provider of charity (who tries to make himself Father). Read here [link there- you may want to change template to highlight links] for an example of what I mean.
The Mission says: You must show promise to merit our bread... there is only so much to go around, and why should we spend time, money and thought on unrepentant sinners. Be gone, wretched ones; bring me the shiny sinners only, my minions.
In the gospel, we hear of Jesus approaching prostitutes, tax collectors, and all manner of meek "scum", and they are all changed for the better. When he approaches the more powerful scum (Pharisees) , they are not necessarily changed for the better. Could it be that this is selection bias of the ones telling the story? How many prostitutes did Jesus try to help before he changed Mary?
You are making it too personal if you bring them into your nest. You have to leave your family and go into their nest. It is either that or you will suffer from the ones that elude you at the cost of winning the few. But by avoiding the risk, you will languish.
You have young children, yes? Now is the time to make allies and build arguments. Perhaps test that armor in the field close to home. But build your method and wait for when you are really free to do what is necessary.
When I look at the seed that took root in my mind, it was in college when a "pit preacher" caught my attention after a long day of classes. He offered me a ride back to my home, even though he had his two children in tow. As we rode in his beat up Chevy hatchback, I demanded evidence of his faith. He spoke articulately of Israel in prophesy. I was taken aback, because this man was not like the weak foes I had faced thus far. I tried my standard missiles and he pulled the rug from under me. My mind was opened, and though it was a while before that crack lead to real questions and search, that crack that he put in my veneer of doubt was the most important change in my life. I wonder what happened to him.
Keep going Eaglewood. Craft your armor, and hammer your sword. Try your methods and arguments when you can. Get ready. Because you will not have a ministry of people that went to vacation bible school. You face a different calling. Keep praying, and I will too brother. When you are needed, time will move much faster than doubt and your faith will be shaken by power, and not trembling. Courage.
Nest not net. Marked as spam for whatever reason. Kill this comment if you want to. Please fix the net to nest. Miss ya.
Fixed it.
That is odd that your comment was marked as spam. Not sure how the filter figured that.
After reading your comment I realized my post was not clear. My problem was not in choosing someone to help but in choosing people to help me with the ministry. In order to meet the legal requirements for a non-profit organization (a dubious requirement to actually starting and having a ministry but a hoop I have to jump through for tax purposes)I have to have a board of directors. I had chosen a couple of families and both had accepted, but some accusations were made about the activities of one of the people I had invited to join me. Accusations that would have been detrimental to the ministry if they came to light. Rather than work to clear his name he withdrew and I was later informed by a family member that their was at least a grain of truth to the accusations. This was a man I greatly admired and felt in my heart I was being led to have his help in the ministry. To have that kind of rug pulled out for under me, shook me to my core.
The ministry will go on, I am just having to learn to distinguish between what is fantasy on my part and what is in fact the leading of the Holy Spirit.
BTW it took a while to figure out what you were saying about the link issue, but I think I know now. I am not good with html or anything like that but at least I can color the links in a post to make them stand out for now.
Pobody is nerfect... maybe the accusations were true and it was also the Holy Spirit.
Non profit, huh? Render unto Cesar that which is his. You need another currency.
Eaglewood,
I love the new look. Concerning the IRS and Incorporation in Texas: You have to have four people, true. Pick yourself and birdie and two other adults, parents or older friends, they do not have to be intimately involved in your ministry, but you may want them to be. Be creative in this though, You only have to cover your bases and then, you can do as you please after approval.
Time to go soar on the thermal updrafts and get up there and make things happen. You are Eaglewood, get out of the nest and go enjoy flying to new heights. The world needs you to see it from high above, as you take the Eagle's Nest to a higher and more secure nesting place, away from the turkeys and buzzards. Go young man, keep your eyes on the prize and and soar way up there and grasp it.
Jimmie
Post a Comment