Thursday, March 8, 2007

Signs of the Times


We have just witnessed one of the shots over the deck of freedoms for those who profess Yeshua as Lord. 

 

9th Circuit endorses censoring Christians

7 comments:

Jimmie W. Kersh said...

Anyone who thinks this has a chance to make it through a Supreme Court Appeal is not current on their current events. The 9th Circuit in San Francisco is the most overturned Circuit in the country by far and away. Once the appeal is made, their will be a few months where the 9th will get their say, but the supremes will make this absurdity toast.

But, if there were a federal statute, and there have been many presented this session, there could be a deference by the supremes. Canada is already making it illegal for Christians to speak against many social sins.

eaglewood said...

I am well aware of the track record of the 9th circus. That is why I said it was a shot over the bow. I am sure it will be overturned, but it just sets the tone for those who come after.

Morris said...

We can look for these 'shots across the bow' to become more and more common, as the evil one turns up the heat on Christians. Soon the aim will be direct, with full intent to destroy, and those not grounded in the Lord *will* fall away.

Jimmie W. Kersh said...

I am thankful for these shots and I do hope they become more frequent. It is about time Christians in this country are treated as aliens and strangers and are persecuted. It would be nice to see some of the wheat and chaff sifted so we find out who is real.

I do not mind the persecution, bring it on, that is how the church grows stronger.

Arielle said...

I just pray that Father will help me to be faithful when the persecution starts.

MikeT said...

I don't see the free speech issue, personally. The article implies to me that this happened on the job, and in an at-will job you can be fired for saying something your employer doesn't like.

Jimmie, be very careful what you wish for. The things you will see your children go through will make you rue that desire.

eaglewood said...

Mike it was not simply an employer. It was a government entity. This also falls under non-harrassment laws put forth by the government in question. The only equal-protection is to either let all groups use the bulleten board for non-obsene anouncments or only company related articels can be placed there.

Even in at-will states such as where I live, if my employer fired me because I stated what I believed in a religous context then I would have recourse againt that employer for religious discrimination.