While sitting around recovering from the flu bug I got at work, Birdie calls to me and says this is going to make me mad. Was she ever right. First go read the story: Idea Christ died for sins 'insane,' claims Christian pastor
I am not sure where to begin with this over-the-top heresy. This is not some crackpot on the street corner, but a man behind a pulpit. I do not think that I need to get into the fact that he does not belong in the pulpit due to his "lifestyle" choices, but I digress. This man is attacking the very foundation of the Christian faith. The substitutionary atonement is the foundation upon which our faith is based. Without Yeshua's death on the cross and His subsequent resurrection there would be no Christian faith. To turn and make His sacrifice into this statement "share in the worst of grief and suffering that life can throw at us." is beyond the pale. The man is a heretic and should be removed from the pulpit.
One simple verse in the Word is enough to refute this bozo:
For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that
whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life. John 3:16
The need for His sacrifice is the central theme of the entire Word. To deny this is to deny Yeshua Himself. This "pastor" should removed from his leadership role until he can honestly repent of this heresy.
3 comments:
That's exactly the sort of stuff I expect from the Anglicans these days. The solution, though, isn't to remove the preacher, but to remove from the congregation any Christians who might still remain. You can't reform an entrenched bureaucracy, but you can refuse to participate in it.
Eventually, the Church of England will weaken to the point where reform IS possible, or it will die off. Either solution is fine with me.
He is also a flaming homosexual, apparently. No surprise there. That's what happens when you change your entire worldview to fit the sexual decisions that you make. Eventually the other churches in the Anglican Communion will take leadership. There are many in Africa that are worthy of taking over for the global communion.
I didn't know eagles had hackles...
Post a Comment