Monday, April 2, 2007

A Valid Point

On my last post Triton and Morris each had a valid point. What do you do when the problem is systemic? There were enough clues in the article to allow you to come to that conclusion, and I had to some point thought about that angle.  I was thinking more along the lines of what should be done with one single heretic in a position of power.


Triton and Morris are right that the problems within the Anglican church are larger than one heretic behind a pulpit. The fact that the Church of England has no problem with not following the guidelines set forth in the Word as to who should be in church leadership is not only problematic, but probably led to this man being able to make such outlandish claims.  The real question is at what point do we abandon a church group as not being truly Christian.  This is a significant question as a good portion of my ministry will revolve around it.  I am calling those of faith to true repentance and a return to their first Love. So at what point do I leave them to their own devices so to speak?  I know there are those who will take me to task for this type of thinking but there is Biblical precedent for it. I cant help but think about the instruction to wipe the dust from your feet of the town that would not listen to the message of Yeshua's love.

1 comment:

Triton said...

The real question is at what point do we abandon a church group as not being truly Christian.

1 Corinthians 5 might apply here, as well as the first part of chapter 6.

I'm not sure if there's a definitive "line" or anything, but my advice would be to simply follow your conscience.