A
couple of hours ago we witnessed a motorcycle wreck. I was performing
a lane change when I saw two very closely placed headlights coming
very fast just to the right of us. I quickly veered back into the
lane I was leaving. Quite frankly expecting to see a bike speed past
us. What I saw was a bike tumbling past us after hearing what was
apparently the bike hitting the ground. While the officers at the
scene and several witnesses said I was not at fault I am still quite
shaken by the experience.
I
want to ask you to please pray for this young man. I do not know his
name and I probably never will. The helmet and jacket he was wearing
probably saved his life, but he took quite a tumble as he was going
somewhere between 70 and 80 mph when he lost control of the bike.
Birdie saw it all from the passenger side and it was quite bad. From
what I saw his injuries looked like mostly a bad case of road rash but we have
no idea what kind of internal injuries he has. Please pray that he
heals quickly and that he takes to heart what may have been a wake up
call on his life.
8 comments:
Hope he pulls through.
Those machines are a death wish. In a car or truck, you can have an accident and come out ok. On a bike, you and everyone else on the road better do everything right all the time or you'll be in dire straits.
Eaglewood,
Be sure to know that we are praying fro him as well as you.
Done.
Triton is right, those things are a death wish. I've never met a biker who didn't have a close call/wipeout story. Glad to hear it looks as if he'll walk away from this one.
Hi Eaglewood,
Sorry about the close call. These crazies on motorcycles scare me. I also live in the metroplex and they have no fear and are not very smart. I really hate driving on the freeways with a motorcycle near. Just yesterday we saw 2 of them on 820 going about 70 mph and popping wheelies. Thats hust insane and a death wish. I can't count the number of time I have seen a motorcycle weaving in and out of traffic at very high rates of speed cutting in front of cars and trucks, going between lanes and passing on the shoulder. Some times we can't see them we change lanes and they are suddenly right there because they are going way to fast and are reckless.
shummer60
I hope and pray he heals quickly - and learns to drive something less risky!
The annual "Honda Hoot" is getting ready to start here next month, so for a week or so we'll have to deal with a lot of motorcycles everywhere we go.
I hope and pray for quick healing as well.
Was he wearing a full set of leather?
That helps so much if you are going to be riding.
Being a motorcycle rider myself, I'm tying to figure out what could possibly have sent him tumbling just because you changed lanes (not that I think it's your fault either). My guess is, that he tried to his his brakes and the back wheel locked up. That's just panic on his part, he probably wasn't really paying attention to your lane change.
Anyway, I hope he gets better; I'm sorry you two had to witness that.
I was a little distraught when I wrote this Dif. He did panic from what a guy behind him told the police. It appeared that he had locked up his front brake when he did.
Post a Comment