This commentary was quite timely because of a conversation I was having with my oldest last night. He just could not understand why I was such an optimist in spite of all that is going on in this world. I turned it around and asked him that if we follow after Yeshua how can we help but be optimistic.
I was telling him that even though we live in a world that everything seems to be going wrong, we have an all powerful G_d in control. We have no real worries in this world including those in the political realm. Our real battle is for hearts and minds, the more we can reach with His love the more we can affect change in our world. On a more personal level I truly believe that there is nothing that can happen to any of His children that He does not let happen. My way of seeing it is if Yeshua wants me alive nothing will be able to take my life from me it is that simple. Even if it is my time, to die is gain so what do I have to worry about? So I say it is time for us to be bold and deliver His message of love and forgiveness, giving full account for the love and joy that is within us. Go win the world and never look back.
4 comments:
"And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose." - Romans 8:28
Life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. What more is there to say about freedom, except for thank you, God!
The following quote of Ben Franklin keeps coming up lately. It is only semi-related (thru Jimmie's post) but I had to share it. It sort of relates to our role for the Creator, and a part of what our role in our country at this time should be (in my mind).
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759
Geppy,
That quote from Franklin is the most important quote we could have in this country today outside of the Bible.
Every person in this country ought to have to quote that phrase tomorrow before they are allowed to eat.
Post a Comment