Due to our DSL Modem dying we have been reduced to using the back up 56K modem on our computer. I have forgotten how tedious that is. I will never go back to 56K by choice.
I think I know what is wrong with the modem and I am attempting to fix it. I will know more tonight when I get home. But if it does not work we are stuck in the slow -slow lane until a new one comes in from AT&T. One of the frustrations in having DSL is that you cannot just go out and buy a new DSL modem. You can buy them but you have to sign up for service when you do. I already have service I just need a new modem. If you do not see us around much this weekend you will know why.
On the other hand we are signing up for a cable-based service so we will be greatly increasing our bandwidth for less than we are spending now.
Update: I was able to fix our old modem YEAH!!! We will have good access for the weekend and until the cable access is installed July 31st.
2 comments:
Dude,
I am praying for ya, that has to bite. My 2wire router is a pain some days, but the 6 meg speed is smoking.
Glad you got it fixed.
Post a Comment