But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
Isaiah 40:31
G-d's Love, which is not an impotent esoteric emotion, required a plan. Action. This plan was set in motion in the Garden of Eden and it's purpose is to restore relationship between the Creator and the created. That Plan requires enormous sacrifice. Since G-d doesn't hesitate to lavishly express His Love, and He knows, even better than we do that our attempts to reach Him on our own would never suffice, He sent His Son who came to us willingly and completely offered mankind access to the Holiest One.
Access so that we could be washed and redeemed. Access so there could never again be separation between our G-d and His people. Access so that we might live.
I'm not having very deep or prolific thoughts today (Heidi has that covered pretty well I think), but for me, when I think on this verse right now it is all about hope and joy and comfort. And a sense of awe as well, over how great is God's love is for us.
3 comments:
G-d's Love, which is not an impotent esoteric emotion, required a plan. Action. This plan was set in motion in the Garden of Eden and it's purpose is to restore relationship between the Creator and the created. That Plan requires enormous sacrifice. Since G-d doesn't hesitate to lavishly express His Love, and He knows, even better than we do that our attempts to reach Him on our own would never suffice, He sent His Son who came to us willingly and completely offered mankind access to the Holiest One.
Access so that we could be washed and redeemed. Access so there could never again be separation between our G-d and His people. Access so that we might live.
Well, those are my thoughts...
I'm not having very deep or prolific thoughts today (Heidi has that covered pretty well I think), but for me, when I think on this verse right now it is all about hope and joy and comfort. And a sense of awe as well, over how great is God's love is for us.
Isn't that the sign that the guy holds up at football games?
Post a Comment