One of the reasons I moved my blog over to TheoBloggers is because I want to use this blog to be an extension of my future ministry. While the other blog had some cute things about the kids and my football stuff I want this blog to be more representative of who I am and what my calling is all about. I use a pseudonym on-line but I have not been shy about letting those who ask know who I am. My real name is David, The name Eaglewood actually came from a medieval study my children did a few years ago and I became Lord Eaglewood due to my fondness of the majestic eagle.
So the questions remain. Who am I and what is my mission?
As to who I am. I am probably the least likely person anyone would think G_d would call upon to be one of His prophets for this age. I am a father of 5 children one of whom is with Yeshua now. I am also extremely reluctant because I know it is a hard row to hoe. No one wants to be told what I have been told, but then I can think of some other reluctant prophets as well. I wonder sometimes if my reluctance is similarly motivated. Jonah wanted Nineveh to be destroyed. I myself am not sure the “church†in America will listen, so I wonder if it would simply be better to let the church be purified by fire. That is when I remember He does not wish to work that way.
That brings me to my mission or ministry so to speak. As I mentioned above my calling is that of a prophet. That in of itself is a hard one for me to swallow coming from my Baptist background and all. But here it is in a nutshell. I have been called to proclaim His truth to the church as a whole. He is a patient G_d but it is running out. Like the Israelites he has found us wanting. We have been turning away from His truths in His Word and leaning upon on our own understanding. This I believe has been the result of over 200 years of peace and growth in the church. In the past two centuries little has happened in the American churches. We have been insulated from the persecution felt around the world and we have grown fat and happy. We have forgotten our true Love and His heart is broken over it. So I am a herald in some regard. G-d wants his children back and is sending out those like me to bring the truth of His Word and His love to a church that would rather wallow in it's own agenda. He wants to see His children willingly return to Him, but He is also preparing the lay waste to the church as we know it. If He has to He will bring us through the refiners fire. Those that are true will remain, those who are not will not. It is that simple.
You see it is not something people want to hear. Heck I did not even want to hear it, but when he told me to study what happened to His children (the Israelites)to see what He will do if we do not turn back to Him I did. Then I ran for years. I did not want this burden, by the world's (and the church's) standards I am not qualified. I have no ministry degrees, and I am not to get any. Yet I have been chosen so I will do what He wills. I will trust that He will open the doors to get His message out to those who need to hear it.
3 comments:
I don't envy you. The subject makes me uncomfortable too, largely because I don't like the idea of losing the easy life I have now. Like the children of Israel wanting the luxuries of Egypt even if it meant a return to slavery, rather than a tough walk through the desert to get to the Promised Land.
Coming out of the closet is a tough thing. (I could not resist, it is funny when it is said that way) David, David, David, a prophetic name and a prophetic calling. I share your burdon, I share your desires, I share your calling.
Just remember to be prepared in season and out to proclaim that which you have been given to proclaim.
I like the fun which can be had in slapping people where it hurts the most with the Gospel which convicts the most. I get a joy out of pulling stunts like the prophets of old. They are my heros, I especially like setting spiritual traps for people like samuel did with with David.
The good old days need to be updated with some more good old fashion prophets slapping around the prophets of Baal or Muhammad or Joseph Smith.
Go Get 'em and let's have a barbeque! Yeee Hawww
"I like the fun which can be had in slapping people where it hurts the most with the Gospel which convicts the most. I get a joy out of pulling stunts like the prophets of old. They are my heroes, I especially like setting spiritual traps for people like Samuel did with with David."
I think you'd like my friend Dave, Jimmie. :) He has much the same enjoyment.
He's suffered the loss of quite a few supposedly Christian friends simply because he stood up for the truth of the Gospel rather than be silent about the false gospel that is so much being taught these days. He often feels like a voice crying in the wilderness.
Post a Comment