I want to thank everyone you commented on the previous post. I thought Birdie said something that sums this up quite well so I am going to quote her...
"Bruised is not broken and wounded is not destroyed."
This seems to be a recurring theme here in our home. While the attacks on us were brutal we have survived and we will move on. I think one of my flaws is I do not know when to stay out of a debate. I could have gone on and not addressed her question, but hind site is 20/20, and knowing her it would have come up again. Life often lands us hard knocks, I am so glad that I have a Savior in whom I can go sit in His lap when it gets real rough. Thanks again my friends.
11 comments:
Don't worry about it. No matter what happened, He is always there for you to climb into His lap. I can't count how many times I've needed it.
Still praying for you...
I've learned that lesson the hard way before with her. This time I said what I wanted to say and then I just didn't go back after that. She was honing in on me, too. The best thing is to avoid debating with her entirely. She has a way of twisting it into something personal that hurts. She really needs to know Yeshua, even if she thinks she is a "christian." The debate is not that with me, as there are lots and lots of people who call themselves that who have never trusted Him for their redemption from sin.
Love and shalom,
Serena
I made an attempt to reason with her and failed as well. She does seem to be very spiteful. Sometimes I need to remember about pearls and where I toss them.
Roland,
I appreciate it, In retrospect I think it would have been wiser to have simply left her question unanswered. I know that I know that she LOOKS for ways to discredit people in order to bolster her arguments. I just figured that she would be open to seeing things from another perspective. I knew better and I got bit.
I did go there once to see if she had continued the rant at her place, and she did. She also had alot of sycophants agreeing with her there as well. the sad thing is that there would have been a time I would have agreed with her, time and experience have changed that viewpoint.
Ok,
I have heard about enough about this person. If she is not demonstrating love for the brothern, then the 3 epistles of John and the epistle of James says that she is not a brother and her actions proves she is not of God. Enough said on this reporbate. It is time to remove her from the role of the believers, until she repents, and move forward in the knowledge that the brothern show love for each other, this is how we know we are believers.
As for moving on, it is time for March Madness! I will be taking off work next Thursday and Friday and Saturday and catching as much as I can on Sunday. I just hope my Hogs make it or their head coach is to be fired on the day of their next loss if it is not in the Big Dance.
"As for moving on, it is time for March Madness!"
Now, THERE'S proof that you have your priorities straight! ;)
I can't argue with you. She is certainly acting like Jimmie says. I would have tended to side with her before as well, but realize now that she isn't what she doesn't act like what she professes to be.
I'm glad Jimmie has his priorities straight. :)
Thanks again my friends.
That's why we're here, man.
And Jimmy's right. Forget Morgan. Hoops, baby! Though I seriously doubt the Hogs are going dancing. But stranger things have happened.
Dude - I have no idea what happened or what was said, but the second I read MOTL I kind of figured the rest out.
Honestly, I don't know why she is the way she is. There's no rhyme or reason, but, whatever. Lesson learned, right?
I'll not rest until Kentucky is a national champion.
I'm glad that you and Birdie are sticking around, there are plenty of us here that love you two and would miss your presence (even if it is just online) in our lives.
Well, bust my buttons. Arkansas got invited to the big dance. Miracles DO happen.
Post a Comment