Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Deep Wounds

I am not sure how many of you are aware of the blowup over at Erik's.  It got quite ugly and it all came down to that we were accused of at the very least being negligent in our son's death to  at worst being outright responsible for it.  For those who really want to know the details they can read them at Erik's blog.


As in all battles there are casualties, this is no exception.  What went on over at Erik's reopened wounds that were still in the healing process. Ever since Samuel died Birdie has struggled with the idea that she was at fault for Samuels death.  The fact that we were not has not has not made her feel she can absolve herself of his death.  To have a person who to her is a complete stranger say the things that were said has left her reeling to say the least.  At this point she is seriously considering giving up blogging altogether. My friends I ask you to be praying for her and I. I too have been left reeling from this and if I did not have this calling on my life I would probably slide right on out of the blog world myself.  While I did try to talk her into not leaving I could not argue with her logic.


Update:


The post and comment thread that caused the problem have been removed over at Erik's. I want to thank everyone for their support and prayers.  This is something I would not wish upon my worst enemy. I also want to personally thank Erik for removing the post over the personal attacks in the comments.

14 comments:

Triton said...

If y'all give up, then Morgan wins. Why do you think I stayed out of it? I saw Morgan's first couple of posts, before anyone had responded to her, but chose to remain silent. Why? Because arguing with her is pointless; she is stubborn as a mule and her brain is about as open as Fort Knox. She simply likes arguing for its own sake.

Remember when she first showed up at Vox Popoli? She managed to irritate just about everybody, and was eventually banned. I think the ban was lifted, but Morgan hasn't changed her spots.

The only thing to do is ignore her. You can't reason with her, because she is unreasonable. And you certainly shouldn't let her petty insults drive y'all out of the blogosphere. I don't think I've ever responded to anything she has posted, anywhere, because I recognize the futility of it and I'm not interested in fighting just for the sake of fighting. I recommend y'all follow my lead on this and just pretend like she doesn't exist.

And for the record, y'all didn't do anything wrong as far as Samuel is concerned. The very idea is completely absurd. Remember, "Satan" means "accuser". So when you let these accusations get to you, you're letting Satan have a hold on your life.

Anyway, I hope ya'll will stick around.

Serena said...

I second that, and I probably made a mistake in just taking her on over at Eric's, but I don't have to go back and see what she says if I don't want to. I've made the mistake of entangling myself in an argument with her before. She is quite prideful and thinks she is right and never backs down, so what good does it do?

I have no condemnation for you at all. You prayerfully and thoughtfully made a decision and just because the outcome was not as you expected, it did not mean that you made a bad decision. I would have made the same one as you. I would also have agonized over it afterwards, as we all do when we go through something like that. I ask G-d to restore both you and Birdie's shalom and to bring you even fuller healing in spite of, and maybe even because of this (something about how He is expert at turning things together for our good). I most definitely agree that you just had an encounter with the accuser of the brethren, even if the person who did it was not aware of how she was being used that way and could excuse it away.

Keep on trusting G-d and being willing to go out on the edge where if you fall, only He can catch you. He is Good, and He is Faithful!

Love and shalom,
Serena

Serena said...

Please make sure Birdie reads what I wrote. I wish I could give her a great big hug right now. That was so hurtful!

Love and shalom,
Serena

Roland said...

My wife and I watched a movie the other night about life in earlier times. I was especially hit by the mortality rate in children and infants. We are so blessed today, but still not without the heartaches that go with life. There will come a time when you will be with Samuel again. Until then, hold each other.

Roland said...

HELD

Two months is too little, they let him go.
They had no sudden healing.
To think that providence would take a child
from his mother while she prays is appalling.
Who told us we'd be rescued?
What has changed and why should
we be saved from nightmares?
We're asking why this happens to
us who have died to live, it's unfair

This is what it means to be held,
how it feels when the sacred is torn
from your life and you survive.
This is what it is to be loved
and to know that the promise was
when everything fell, we'd be held.

This hand is bitterness,
we want to taste it,
let the hatred know our sorrow.
The wise hand opens slowly to lillies of the valley
and tomorrow

If hope is born of suffering,
if this is only the beginning,
can we not wait for one hour
watching for our Savior?

Natalie Grant

- Just to let you know that you are not alone.

Morris said...

So Morgan has managed to hurt another? *Sigh* She seems to make a regular habit of that.

Eaglewood, I'll keep you and Birdie in my prayers. I know she's hurting a lot and I too would understand if she decided against further blogging. I hope not though - I would hate for our community of Christian bloggers to lose a valued member of that same community just because of one persons badmouthing. We might be separated by distance but there is support when it's needed I've often noticed. We are brothers and sisters after all. May the Lord give you comfort and peace.

Serena said...

Morgan is vicious and I would steer clear of her, if I were you. She does not ever give up the bone. Her most common form of attack is your character, for if she can make you to be someone who is not worthy of being listened to, then she wins by default. I hope you just leave it at how it is on Emunda. I just gave her more of what I think, though it won't have any effect and she will keep on attacking me. I am not going back to see after this, because I have enough experience from Vox's blog in dealing with her. I sure don't know how she has the time to write like she does in comments. It has already taken far more time than it should in the few posts I have made. I am not a slow typer, either, but I do take time to think through what I am saying and go back over it to make sure it is what I wanted to say.

People like her will always put that kind of burden on you. There are many risks to weigh in pregnancy and birth - there are just as many or more that come from the interventions of the allopathic medical system than there are if you don't seek their services. It would have made no difference in your situation. I have known more than one family that has lost a perfectly healthy baby to hospital staph infection and came home with empty arms. That right there causes me to question the safety of a hospital birthing environment. If a woman would need more care than she can get at home, then a free-standing birth center would be a far safer place than a hospital. You made a decision through much thought and prayer about the situation and that is as good as it gets. I wish more people would pray about whether or not they should seek the medical care for pregnancy and birth. I bet a lot of G-d's people would be surprised at the answer they would get. His answer would not necessarily guarantee a perfect outcome, but it you really study birth in hospitals under the care of the allopathic medical system, you would find that they cannot guarantee a perfect outcome and many times they prevent one.

May G-d fill your hearts with His shalom and joy!

Love and shalom,
Serena

heidi said...

Eagle & Birdie,

I am so sorry that you had to endure the nasty things MOTL threw at you. What she threw at you is unconscionable and without any redeeming qualities.

Samuel Earl is with the Father now and the length of his life was always in the hands of the One who created him. Nothing you or I could do would change the days ordained for a life.

Know that you serve a Faithful Creator who watches over you and will continue to keep you in the midst of these troubling times.

Blessings to you, my friends.

thimscool said...

I missed the whole thing, but I know enough to say that you should not dwell on this episode. If Morgan wanted to make the point that people shouldn't condemn or berate people that agonize over the choice to have an abortion, then she should have let that stand or collapse on its own merit. There is no equivalence or comparison possible. You may or may not have made mistakes (we all do), but you have done nothing wrong or immoral. God knows your conscience is clean.

I don't know what else to say, except that I have observed this type of thing before with her, and it is disturbing. Sometimes it seems like nothing matters to her but scoring debating points. It is very sad.

I will pray for you and Birdie. Don't lose heart.

Roland said...

David, Luke is a good friend.

Wes said...

Eaglewood & Birdie:

I, too, saw the conflict over at Erik's. It pained me reading the slurs against you, but I thought you acquitted yourself well, so there was no reason to get involved. I'm sorry for the reopened wounds, & the crass disregard for your feelings or the truth.

MOTL, if you're reading this, my attitude is that you're a troublemaker who delights in sticking the knife in & twisting it, for the sheer joy derived from the act. Which is why I ignore you, for the most part; you aren't worth the time or effort. You should tend to the plank in your own eye, before condemning the motes in the eyes of those who are grieving from a loss.

My thoughts & prayers go w/ you all.

Roland said...

Wes, I'll make sure she reads it.

Joelle said...

My goodness, I had no idea this was going on. I am so sorry you two have been attacked that way! Eaglewood & Birdie, please know that we love you and know that you were not responsible for Samuel's death. For her to accuse you of that after the loss itself is just heartless.

Arielle said...

I am so glad that I missed that whole fracas, but I sure am sorry that you and Birdie had to go through it!