That is the question I ask myself allot these days. I have this calling yet I am not sure how to get the message out to those who need to hear it. As I have mentioned before I am a simple man with no formal education in theology or other things of religion. The established hierarchy is not likely to listen to one lone man that does not have their "credentials" (at least that is my experience). This is part of the reason for starting this blog; yet all I have are a few regular readers and friends. I know the simple answer to the question, but I still wonder how things will play out.
6 comments:
Eaglewood,
This is an amazing thing you have asked and began asking. I need to e-mail you directly. But suffice it to say, I have the perfect idea for you and your situation and it is Biblical.
I am a simple man with no formal education in theology or other things of religion. The established hierarchy is not likely to listen to one lone man that does not have their "credentials" (at least that is my experience).
Irrelevant. If God wants you to do something, then it will be within your means to do it. The prophet Amos was just a simple farmer, hardly the sort of fellow who should be telling educated folks what God thinks of them. Yet he did exactly that because God called him to perform a task.
And John the Baptist was a freakin' dirty hippie, the sort of guy I would cross the street to avoid. But in spite of his Charles Manson-esque qualities, he was the New Testament Elijah who announced the Messiah.
Whatever you do, do it the best you can, with all your heart and soul and might. Let God handle the rest.
Triton is right. What G-d wants, He will have. Not really anything you can say or do to refuse. (You can try, but it won't work) Your "formal" training is irrelavent. Besides, living it is without question the best qualification to preaching it. (I know you guys aren't Catholic, but St. Francais used to say "Evangelize every day, and sometimes use words")
Point is, what you think qualifies you is probably wholly different than that which G-d decides qualifies you. And you don't really care what the hierarchy think, as much as what the laymen do, correct?
Billy! What a surprise (and delight). Welcome back!
Eaglewood, if you don't have clear direction, wait. If you have direction but it seems "out there" just go for it. The worse that could happen is you fall on your face and have to get back up. But that's life. :)
Hey Billy D nice to see you around these parts.
When I said I knew the answer I wasn't kidding. All of you said what I was thinking about having to wait upon the Lord. This may take more than a comment post too answer so I will answer it in a post.
If nothing else, you encourage me Eaglewood.
A friend of mine once said, "If it is God-obvious, then do it."
Not sure if that particularly fits, but one never knows.
Post a Comment