As a lot of you know I have been a little cryptic about the potential of me joining in the work of a ministry group. For all the work that my friend put into it I truly do appreciate. After much contemplation and prayer on my part and Birdie’s I have realized that though we have what appeared to be similar ministry goals they are in fact quite different in the end. Knowing that I also came to the conclusion that I could not ever fully submit my ministry to theirs. These men are strong men of G_d with a huge vision for ministry. The ministry in reference is a ministry group called the CastMasters. If you wish to check them out, do so, and support them if you feel led by G_d, but this is not about the CastMasters but about what G_d has wrought out of the disappointment of not going where I thought He was leading.
Several years ago Birdie and I stood on the edge of a chasm that we had no idea how to cross. This chasm had the potential of ripping our family apart. Due to the timely intervention of a family member, (and I truly believe the hand of G_d), we made it through. Because of this we have felt convicted to find a way to help other families in need. Giving them a place to fall back, regroup, and start to get their lives back in order without worrying about where they are going to sleep or what they are going to eat. Not only will we work on supplying the physical needs for these families but we will look to provide for the spiritual needs as well. In doing this we hope to help families that have tasted the depths of despair to fly on wings of eagles.
For now this is all concept and vision, and we will need to start working on the real work of making this a reality, but I thought one of the first thing was to introduce The Eagle’s Nest to our on-line friends and community to get them praying about this endeavor. This ultimately will change both Birdie’s and my life as it will take me out of the technical work I have been doing for years and bring me full time into ministering for others. What we are looking to do is find a property of about 100 to 150 acres with at least a main residence on it and then build 4-6 other homes where these families will be able to live. We would live in the main residence and provide full time shepherding for these needy families. In time I would like to see where this would grow to other properties where people who have come through the ministry and have felt led would be able to shepherd other needy families.
Please be in prayer for us in this. Also if anyone feels led to help provide financially or in any other way I will let you know when we can start accepting donations. I do not want to accept donations until I can get the financial framework set up so that everything is open to the public. Thank you my friends in advance for your prayers.
2 comments:
I think that is a wonderful idea for a ministry, and something that is sorely needed. It is really sad that there are big mega-churches spending millions on new sanctuaries when they could be doing something like this and have a real impact on a personal level.
I'll be praying.
Eaglewood,
Every Sunday night I turn on Extreem Makeover Home Edition and wonder why the church is not doing this? The Eagle's Nest is Christians living out at the finest level of commitment. I pray that Our Father grant you every desire of your heart in this ministry. I pray that He would greatly increase your ministry and take you to heights only He could send you to in ministry. I pray that along the way we see our Father working out His will and accomplishing His desires through THe Eagle's Nest!
Post a Comment