Monday, October 20, 2008

Flying on Wings of Eagles


Over the
past few weeks I have been thinking and praying about the direction
that my ministry is going to take. This has been very difficult for
me; as most people know I am not quite the same as other people. As I
have told others, I am a square peg in a round hole world. If you
tried to make me fit into the mold of the typical preacher, edges
would be rounded off and I would lose part of who and what I am. I
had a very tempting offer presented to me that fell through, at least
for now, that started this introspection. The match in this ministry
and how I have envisioned being able to work in a non-traditional
ministry seemed to fit like a glove. The fact of the matter is that
for the foreseeable future that door is closed and I am left with the
question of “what now?”. While praying and seeking, the Lord led
me to a familiar verse and sometimes those are the most comforting.






28 Do you not know? Have you not
heard? The Everlasting God, the LORD, the Creator of the ends of
the earth Does not become weary or tired His understanding is
inscrutable.
29 He gives strength to the weary, And to him who
lacks might He increases power.
30 Though youths grow weary and
tired, And vigorous young men stumble badly,
31 Yet those who wait
for the LORD Will gain new strength; They will mount up with wings
like eagles, They will run and not get tired, They will walk and not
become weary.

Isaiah
40:26-31



Verse 31
is my favorite verse in the Word and the basis for the title of my
blog. It is also the answer to my question. I will wait upon the
Lord and in His due time my Ministry will rise up as if on wings of
eagles. If that is with the ministry my friend worked so tirelessly
to get me involved in, then G_d will open those doors. If not, then
G_d will open the doors to other opportunities. This is all I need
to know and all I need to hold on to. These things are in His hands
and He will place me where He needs me to be.



No comments: