Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Eliminating Moderation

I did not like going to moderating comments when I did. My belief in free exchange of idea and all, so I am going back to my original policy of open commenting, and I will update the commenting policy to reflect that.  The commenter that put me in that position to moderate has left for now.  I have a very good idea of who he is and I was trying to press him into revealing himself. As he is now incapable of commenting on a blog (lack of computer access where he is) I want to open things up again.

I only ask that you keep foul language to yourself and to be respectfull of others as if you were talking to them face to face.  While I am a big boy and can handle more than the ocasional cuss word without being offended my children do read this blog and I prefer them not to be expossed to crude and profane things early in life. I take this seriously and will only warn twice and I consider the commenting policy to be the first warning. If the problem persists then that person will be banned forthwith.

3 comments:

jimmiekersh said...

Being in the jungle is tough, unless you are the king of the jungle!

heidi said...

Meow... :) I've been feeling a bit lurkish lately and not so much commentish. Glad to hear your troll went to ground.

Eaglewood said...

Nice to see you around Heidi. I understand the desire to be lurkish. I do that allot myself.

I am 95% sure who the troll is based upon location and his story. He told me too many personal things, plus his writing style was similar. The fact that this person is now recovering from surgery and the fact he has not commented since just before that surgery kind of lends credence to my theory.